This fund was established in memory of BEATRICE PRISCILLA STEWART of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, by her family to provide educational scholarships to African-American students whose profile and values most align with those of the late Beatrice Priscilla Stewart. Funds may cover tuition, books, fees and related academic expenses.
Students eligible for assistance shall embody the social, cultural and educational values of Beatrice Priscilla Stewart in that the student will be:
- Of African-American descent in the age range of 17-30 years.
- Accepted to and attending an accredited two-year or four-year private or public college or university for the first time.
- Minimum GPA 2.5 on 4 point scale.
- Passionate about education and able to articulate how the education will be used and, convey via written essay what characteristics and conditions are present for the student that indicate the students ability and commitment to persevere to degree completion.
In addition, and while not a requirement to apply, the Advisory Committee welcomes and will have a special sensitivity for, applicants with any one or more of the following aspects in their personal profile:
- A high-school graduate or returning student who is among their familys first generation to pursue a college degree.
- Resident of the Lancaster, Pennsylvania area with preference given to graduates of Lancaster High School (formerly J.P. McCaskey H.S.)
- Resident of the six (6) county Kansas City metropolitan area (Jackson, Platte, Clay and Cass counties in Missouri, Wyandotte and Johnson counties in Kansas).
- Participated in a well-established, not-for-profit, youth development program and can articulate what tools they acquired from participation that will assist him or her in their academic and/or career pursuits.
- Presides over a single income household.
Consideration will be given to financial need. These scholarships will be supplemental for students who have already earned athletic and/or academic scholarships.
The Advisory Committee will not recommend scholarship awards for education being attained at a for-profit college or university or technical training school.
How to apply:
- Click here to access the application.
- Create a new AwardSpring user account or login.
- Complete all APPLICATION sections.
- You will be matched to the scholarship(s) you are eligible for based on your answers to the QUALIFICATION QUESTIONS.
- Complete all FOLLOW-UP questions in the AwardSpring DASHBOARD.