Value of Scholarship:
Level Of Study: Bachelor Degree
The purpose of the Dr. Risdon Memorial Development Award shall be to provide scholarships to parents who desire to attend or are currently attending a college or vocational school, either part or full time, to pursue an education in the field of nursing.
The students eligible for assistance shall meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of the greater Kansas City metropolitan area to include Lawrence, Kansas and Leavenworth, KS;
- Be a single parent with dependents under the age 18 years old; and
- Be currently enrolled or an applicant at an accredited nursing program in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area, as previously defined.
A scholarship award may be renewable based on re-application and continued successful development.
Scholarships will be awarded on an annual basis and disbursed in equal payments in August and January.
How to apply:
- Visit the Community Foundation’s online scholarship portal.
- The portal finds scholarship opportunities that are relevant to you.
- Register or Sign In (first timers should ignore the deadline stated in Dashboard).
- Click Complete Application.
- Submit your qualification questions and general application.
- The Dashboard will show a list of scholarships for which you are eligible.
- Click Complete Follow-Up for each scholarship you are matched to.
- Submit the Follow-Up Application to be considered for the above scholarship.